ASSISTANT STUDIO MANAGER
Eb & flow Yoga Studio in the Wicker Park Bucktown Chicago neighborhood is seeking an Assistant Studio Manager.
Eb & flow Yoga Studio is a welcoming community with a mission to provide yoga experiences that are real, powerful and possible. The Assistant Studio Manager is responsible for making and keeping our studio awesome! This leadership position manages the day-to-day operations at Eb & Flow Yoga Studio, including customer service, facility maintenance, inventory management, sales, marketing, special events, front-desk employees, and the studio's work-exchange program. The Assistant Studio Manager will help build and uphold the mission, values, and culture of Eb & Flow Yoga Studio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service while performing essential duties. Be “the in-studio face” of Eb & flow by communicating with enthusiasm, respect and kindness to our students, always with a consistent and strong expression of the highest service. Be knowledgable and clearly communicative about classes, events, products, and pricing. Manage customer check-in for classes, answer phones, read/respond to inquiries via phone/emails.
- Account Management: Manage MindBody Online accounts, facilitate communications between customers, staff, and Studio Directors, schedule appointments and workshops, keep customer accounts accurate, resolve customer needs.
- Facility Management: Oversee the studio facilities on a day-to-day, hour-by-hour basis, keeping our studio in tip-top shape.
- Sales and Marketing: Support studio sales by knowing and selling products and merchandise, reconciling accounts, oversee retail inventory, and updating marketing materials. Also writing and distributing studio announcements, and promotional materials.
- Staff Management: Train and develop front desk staff. Oversee and coordinate scheduling for studio work exchange team. Onsite contact for instructors.
- Additional Duties: Offer conscious, clear communications with Studio Directors, employees, and all staff. Work with directors, teachers and other colleagues to execute marketing initiatives, event planning, and workshops. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Management experience, with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take wide perspective as well as get into the day-to-day details of studio management being both strategically proactive and reactive.
- Computer proficiency. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and an outgoing, enthusiastic and friendly personality with a sense of humor.
- College degree a preferred. 1 year sales, customer service, and administrative experience and/or experience with handling memberships and sales within a health & fitness setting a plus.
- Experience with yoga. Ability to teach Power Yoga and/or Yin yoga also a plus.
- Dependable, trustworthy, and accountable with excellent attendance and punctuality
- Energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player
- Professional and computer literate to learn software for customer service management and POS systems
- Passion for yoga/fitness services and products
- Must be customer focused and deliver high level of customer service at all times in a professional, courteous, sensitive and friendly manner. Love customer service and supporting the success of others.
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced, self-directed environment
- Ability to stay calm at times and act respectfully and professionally
- Proactive problem solver; detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and organized
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
Hours, Pay & Benefits
Full-time; part-time possible (approxiamately 25-40 hours a week). Flexibility in work hours is required. Availability to work on the weekends is a must.
Salaried position, plus potential for bonus depending on experience/qualifications.
Unlimited free yoga classes. Discounts on workshops and retail items. Discount on Eb & flow’s Teacher Training Programs. Paid 7 days of vacation after 6-months of employment. May be eligible for additional benefits after 1-year of employment.
Front Desk Greeter/Customer Outreach Liaison
Eb & flow Yoga Studio in the Wicker Park/Bucktown Chicago neighborhood is seeking a part-time Front Desk Greeter/Customer Outreach Liaison. Eb & Flow Yoga Studio is a welcoming community with a mission to provide yoga experiences that are real, powerful and possible. The Student Outreach Liaison/Front Desk Greeter welcomes students into the studio and sets the positive tone for their experience. The role requires being involved with customers, selling products, and delivering strong customer service.